Underpinned by six key higher education themes, the North East Regional Progression Framework has been designed to support practitioners in developing interventions to help learners understand more about higher education in all its forms and how to successfully achieve their progression goals.
Each learning objective focuses on one of the following themes:
• Introducing higher education
• Routes to further and higher education
• Attainment and how this supports progression
• Financial support for further and higher level study
• Applying to further and higher education
• Transition to further and higher education
- The Regional Progression Framework may be used as tool to build a new HE progression programme or to identify gaps in existing HE provision in a careers programme. The inclusion of sample evaluation questions may also be used to measure the impact of HE activity on learners’ knowledge and skills.
- It is recommended that progression plans are designed so that learners have the opportunity to experience a range of activities across all learning objectives and phases covered in the framework, to ensure that they have access to the full higher education offer and are able to make an informed decision about their future options.