Get this resource
This practical toolkit from The Careers & Enterprise Company focuses on the Gatsby Benchmarks. It is designed to help schools identify what ‘good’ looks like across all eight benchmarks – and it includes case studies of best practice, as well as tips and practical suggestions for implementing the benchmarks.
Each benchmark is broken down into the following key sections:
- What good looks like – contains the definition of the individual benchmark as laid out in The Gatsby Benchmarks for Good Career Guidance.
- Why this matters – outlines why this benchmark should be a focus and how it contributes to outstanding careers provision.
- What this means in practice – guidance and steps that schools can follow to meet the benchmark.
- Top tips for schools – actionable tips on how to start to delivering the benchmark.
- Top tips for employers – actionable tips for your employer partners in supporting benchmark delivery.
- Example resources – these are example only and will be updated annually.
- Use this toolkit as a guide to support progress in all Gatsby Benchmarks.
- Quickly identify what ‘good’ looks like.
- Refer to the guide over time as you develop your programme.