Get this resource
Webinar 1 - ‘Preparing for PAL: Creating Meaningful Encounters’
In this session, we heard from ASK about their experience of engaging schools and running meaningful pathways activities with students. We also had the opportunity share best practice within our Connect community. This event was run by The Careers & Enterprise Company as part of our Further Education & Skills (FES) Connect Community.
Top tips on engagement with schools from this session:
1. Planning meeting to establish needs of students and what timings and details of session are
2. Use local Career Hub for support
3. Be clear in what your offer is
4. Link to statutory guidance and Gatsby Benchmarks to support engagement from schools
5. Talk about pathways in general as well as your offer
6. Varied offer face to face, virtual, resources etc
7. Be flexible where possible around timings, exams etc
8. Use young people to help share your offer and talk from a YP perspective.
Webinar 2 - ‘Delivering T Levels – Reflections and Opportunities’
In this session, we heard from ETF, who run the T Level professional development programme about the successes from the first cohort and future opportunities for providers looking to be involved in delivery.
Useful resources from this session;
Video Case Studies
- Elizabeth, Plumpton College- Agriculture, Environment and Animal Care
- Employers, FE Colleagues and Learners: Ethics and Animal Welfare for Animal Care and Management.
The Education Landscape – A guide for Employers
- The Apprenticeship Workforce Development offer from ETF supports staff delivering apprenticeships in the FE sector and includes a guide to working effectively with employers.
- The T Level professional development programme includes understanding T Levels for Careers Leaders and opportunities for Careers Leaders such as Industry Insights
- Case studies from the Industry Insights are available here.
Webinar 3: Effective transitions for SEND learners - FE Focus
You can find information on PAL from The Careers and Enterprise Company here.