Get this resource
What’s Your Strength, developed by Katherine Jennick, empowers young people to recognise their abilities and talk about their strengths. You can purchase this resource and use it to help young people understand themselves better, embrace who they are, improve their confidence and develop their career planning skills.
How to use the resource:
- There are two sets of cards in each pack – the green cards are based around school subjects and the purple ones are a mixture of activities and life experiences.
- Young people select the cards that apply to them and then turn the cards over to find a variety of skills and qualities.
- The mixture of words helps to prompt conversation and encourage self-reflection.
- Full instructions are provided with every pack, including several suggestions for using the cards for career planning, CV writing, self-belief exercises, and activities to do in pairs.
- This is a great resource for any guidance practitioner as part of their repertoire of guidance tools.
- Preparation is necessary to ensure supportive working during this activity.
“I used these in three workshops on employability skills this week. Without fail, any student that was struggling to find something in their life that they did which demonstrated transferable skills was able to find at least one thing with the help of these cards. A terrific resource and highly recommended.”
– Careers Professional