Get this resource
The purpose of this Toolkit is to:
- Explain Youth Social Action: help Careers Leaders understand how it can support their careers programme and meet the Gatsby Benchmarks.
- Help you explore Youth Social Action in Practice: and see how other schools and colleges are using it to meet the Gatsby Benchmarks and develop young people’s skills.
- Get Inspired: with examples and case studies from around the country and the resources you need to easily implement it yourself.
- Help you measure and grow its impact: with interactive tools to help you and your school or college link activities to The Careers & Enterprise Company's Compass and Tracker tools.
We recommend working through the 5 steps sequentially:
- Introduction - Develop your knowledge and understanding of what youth social action is and how it can support your work as a Careers Leader.
- Session Plan - Use the session plan and powerpoint to share this information with your colleagues more widely, maybe through a whole school or college staff meeting or an inset day.
- Careers & Youth Social Action Survey for Careers Leaders - Use the interactive survey tool to help gauge current engagement with youth social action in your setting, and identify next steps in building provision.
- Analyse and build on your survey results - Learn how you can use the results of your survey to help you complete your Compass and Tracker tools as part of your role as a Careers Leader.
- Young People Guided Preparation and Reflection Frameworks - Prepare young people to get the most of out their youth social action experiences through guided reflection.