Get this resource
This practical toolkit from The Careers & Enterprise Company is designed to help colleges identify what ‘good’ looks like across all eight benchmarks. It includes insightful case studies, as well as ideas and practical suggestions on how to meet the benchmarks and associated performance indicators.
For each benchmark, the toolkit covers:
- A description of the benchmark – and its accompanying performance indicator(s)
- What good looks like – evaluation criteria for assessing whether the benchmark has been met
- What this means in practice – recommended/ required inputs and activities
- Why this matters – facts and figures about the need for the benchmark, with information about the impact that meeting it has made on young people
- Top tips for colleges – practical suggestions on how to reach or maintain the benchmark indicators
- Top tips for employers – practical suggestions on how to get involved with colleges and what to expect
- Case studies – examples of current practice in FE and Sixth Form Colleges around the country
- Useful resources – organisations, professional documents (e.g. reports, professional development materials) and resources to use directly with learners/apprentices.
- Use this toolkit as a guide to support progress in all Gatsby Benchmarks
- Quickly identify what ‘good’ looks like
- Refer to the guide over time as you develop your programme