Get this resource
The Cornerstone Employer group developed a series of short videos, supported by crib sheets (‘top tips’) and lessons plans.
The resources aim to give students an overview of different aspects of applying for and starting work, including:
- recruitment practices to help prepare for applications and interviews
- what it is like to work in the business
- progression pathways
- essential and transferable skills.
“All of this can lead to students feeling more motivated in their learning as they feel they have more direction and can see the purpose of their education journey.”
- Each video is employer-led, filmed onsite, and around 90-120 seconds (in line with feedback from young people).
- Each employer develops an accompanying crib sheet, and the hub provides lesson plans, with links to apply for vacancies.