Get this resource
- We aimed to provide stakeholders with confidence about T-Levels as an entirely new qualification.
- We wanted to demonstrate how the increased requirements for work experience placements can be met by a supportive employer such as J.P. Morgan.
- We brought together different groups and stakeholders to improve progress against the Gatsby Benchmarks.
- We highlighted the need for schools to be given the option to share new courses with other institutions, in line with the Provider Access Statement.
- This employer collaboration will improve outcomes for young people who have a preference for a vocational route, whilst working long-term towards plugging skills gaps in our local economy.
“This pilot has shown how T levels can create stronger links with local businesses in Dorset as well as providing opportunities for students to develop their skills for the growing digital economy.”
- Other Cornerstone Employers in the group are looking at how they can support T Levels including with digital work experience if legislation limits the age of placements.
- Through involvement in a new local steering group and Pan Dorset T Levels group we continue to support local schools and employers in sharing knowledge and experience about T Levels as they develop.