Get this resource
When it comes to the question of what to do following GCSEs, there are a lot of options to consider. Therefore, the Department for Education has put together a couple of simple and handy guides to inform young people and their parents about the options available to them. These include:
- A route comparison grid – which shows all of the routes available after GCSEs, along with additional information on each one, such as the level of study, entry requirements, duration of the course, and where it can lead.
- A 2-minute animation – showcasing and explaining each choice in a simple, dynamic and visual manner.
- The short video can be used on screens around school to encourage more young people to be aware of the options.
- Further exploration of the different pathways can be built into the careers programme.
- Where possible, providers for all options should be invited in to offer more information and take questions from the young people.